Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Making progress on my Kaffe meets Jinny plus friends

I have continued on with my Rail Fence blocks, I have completed sewing the curved pieces for all but the last two sets of strips.  I used my 4.5x18 ruler and cut my curves the way it described in the book this time and found it worked much better for me.

I am thinking that 30 blocks will be better than 25 so I may need to add 5 more sets to the quilt.  I am light on the blue/green/aqua side so I hope to add 5 fats of Kaffe Collective in that color range to the quilt. 

I am loving making this quilt and have another quilt from the book (Cultural Fusion) on my radar.  I love the "Winter" pattern but plan to do it in prints vs. the solids used in the book.   I have so much fabric and really want to use some of it.

By the way, my setup at "sewing central" includes my Sew Ezi table (very happy customer) and a pressing surface my BFFs husband made us.  The cutting area is perfect for me, its about 40" and my back appreciates the tall surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment